Thứ Ba, 11 tháng 4, 2017

Take part in informal negotiations

In our daily life, we might take part in some situation that we need to negotiate to have win-win solution with your flat-mates in your shared house,  or your colleagues at work-place, or even with strangers in local market. Today, we will learn how to express your suggestion and adjustments to make both parts happy.

  • negotiate /nəˈɡoʊ.ʃi.eɪt/ (verb)
  • negotiator /nɪˈɡoʊ.ʃi.eɪ.t̬ɚ/ (noun = person)
  • negotiation /nəˌɡoʊ.ʃiˈeɪ.ʃən/ (noun)

MAKING SUGGESTIONS AND OFFERS:

  • If I/we could ... I/we might ...
  • supposing I / you + present simple, I / we could / might ...
  • What if we were to bring it down a bit?
  • Would it be OK to...?
  • In my opinion,...

CLARIFYING:

  • Is there a problem with that?
  • What do/ did you have in mind?
  • It depends what you mean (when you say ... )?

MAKING ADJUSTMENTS TO AN OFFER:

  • Provided (we) + present simple 
  • ....we might be able to make an exception 

ACCEPTING / NOT ACCEPTING:

  • That sounds (reasonable) 
  • I could go along with that.
  • I’m happy with that
  • That sounds (a bit much)
  • Frankly, I’m not really happy with that.

OTHER:
  • How is that sound?
  • How do you feel about that? 
Comment adverbs:
  • Frankly, 
  • Obviously, 
  • Clearly,...


Thanks and Hope that you have fruitful lesson! 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét